Now class, for today’s Bible reading we’re going to look at what God had to say about fortune-tellers. Hold onto your seats, because apparently She had some very strong opinions on the subject.
For example, in Leviticus 20:6—
And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
And Leviticus 20:27 had this to say:
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood [shall be] upon them.
But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Wowzas! that’s some serious stuff. So basically, anyone who tries to prophesy—that is, predict the future—without God’s express written permission, in triplicate, is making a serious life-limiting move. Got it.
But maybe the Almighty had lightened up a bit by the time She got around to the New Testament? After all, Leviticus and Deuteronomy are kind of old-school, right?
1 Chronicles 10: 13–14: So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the LORD, [even] against the word of the LORD, which he kept not, and also for asking [counsel] of [one that had] a familiar spirit, to enquire [of it];
And enquired not of the LORD: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.
We think the message is pretty clear. God has a lock on the fortune-telling market. If you try to work around it, the Lord will smite thee in ferocious ways, and might even take it out on your kids. So just don’t, okay?
What about Angie?
Considering that Angela Power-Disney claims her goal in life is to become a walking, talking Bible-spouter, then, we were quite surprised to read this over the weekend. It’s an email from Angie to her ex-friend Yolande:
“Angie, Sabine and Belinda should stop everything they are doing, and reflect on what they have done” ??
1. I like you Yolande, I have never met you but truth cries out from somewhere within your wounded soul. Sadly it is hugely mixed with disinfo, misinfo and conjecture but as of yet I have not felt led to follow the many who have abandoned you as a liability
2. My advice to you, since you so freely give advice to myself and others, is to STOP SEEING AND TRUSTING PSYCHICS AND MEDIUMS!! I used to be one, expertly reading tarot, runestones etc and sought after….the truth is if you seek wisdom through any vehicle except THE HOLY SPIRIT the breath of life, you can and will be misled….that is just the nature of darkness
3. As a grandmother and targetted indivicual my heart goes out to you with the current ban on seeing your beloved offspring. My daughter once kept me from my grandchildren for years which almost led me to suicide, but finally she turned up in the middle of the night asking for help in leaving her controlling and abusive partner….never give up
4. Tomorrow is the DAY OF ATONEMENT according to the true Hebrew calendar….I will indeed reflect on the past year and own up to things I may have been able to do better, and areas in which I could improve
5. It is in my opinion of NO CREDIT to you to associate yourself with the father of deposed CHILDRENS MINISTER Ed Timmons…..he has portfolios which include fostering and adoption agencies for profit and thus is diametrically opposed to your work with mothers whose children have been stolen? We cannot be blinkered and ignore evil under our nose
So Angie “used to be” a fortune-teller? Fascinating! And of course you know she had to be the “expert, sought-after” kind, not just the run-of-the-mill “hey, I’ve got a deck of cards here, cross my palm with silver” kind. Because that’s how Angie rolls, as we all know.
Granted, she claims to have given all that up for a life of piety, vindictiveness, and spiteful gossip, so we suppose perhaps God has forgiven her. But still. Quite the, er, revelation. So to speak.
Yolande and Sabine, on the other hand, might still be in God’s bad books, if the following is true:
What a load of garbage. What is this Hebrew stuff? Are you Jewish? ….[The question on everyone’s lips—Ed.]
Re psychics, I am psychic myself and a healer, the healing path I chose was a difficult and challenging one….
….Last year was probably the worst year of my life, where were you Angie, Sabine & Mary? I was so desperate to know that 2017 was going to be better than 2016 that I decided to see a psychic for the first time in 20 years. I did a google search and so found Anita Shean in Maidstone, I saw her on 15.12.2016 and I can say that everything she told me so far is 100% accurate, she gave me the hope that I so badly needed then. Sabine decided to consult her too, she told her that she would not go to prison? Flee the UK?
Why does it not surprise us that Sabine would also avail herself of the services of a psychic? Sounds like Ms Shean told her the kind of happy fairy-story she loves.
As to whether she’ll be going to prison, if she had a conscience we’d suggest she examine it.