Pity poor Mel Ve. All she wants to do is run her “free and independent media” Con-the-Consumer Network, and the big meanies over at McKenzies Devils have been spoiling all her fun. Why, just last week they…er, did something unspecified that caused CCN to go off the air, only it didn’t really, because Mel and Piggy are so clever and forward-thinking, having set up an alternative streaming system (which no one else could find…details, details!).
How does Mel know that MKD are behind her woes? Why, in the same way that she “knows” that there’s a baby-eating paedophile cult operating in a leafy suburb of North London, that’s how: intuition. Mel doesn’t require prosaic little things like “evidence”. She knows what’s what, Mel does.
To be fair, Mel isn’t the only Hoaxtead mobster to be convinced that maleficent forces have been hacking her computer (or whatever—she wasn’t really specific about what happened, except to note that YouTube had suspended her streaming service…which, come to think of it, might have been a clue. Dun-dun-DUN…).
Mel is not alone
We recall with some satisfaction the endless moaning from Charlotte Alton Ward, aka Jacqui Farmer, late of Hamster Research, who was utterly determined that we had hacked her blog, or her email, or something.
Because otherwise, how would we have figured out who she was?
Granted, it wasn’t easy to make the link at first. But here’s how we did it:
In early May 2015, we discovered the first known video pertaining to the Hampstead case on Sabine’s blog. The voice on the video was clearly the same as the voice on Jacqui Farmer’s later productions, with identical intonation and accent, but this one contained less digital scrambling.
One of our volunteers, whose hobby was mucking about with videos, removed the scrambling, and sped up the voice so it sounded more normal. So we had a voice, but no name. It did allow us to rule out certain potential suspects, and told us something important: whoever made those videos was concerned that her voice might be recognised by her audience—the truther community online.
By chance, about a week after we’d “ironed out” Jacqui’s voice, we heard from another group that had been working to identify Jacqui:
The name [we] identified is Charlotte Ward who wrote a research paper with professor David Voas at the Institute of Social Change, Manchester Uni, published in a peer-reviewed journal 2011: “The emergence of conspirituality”….
The chain was roughly… the YouTube channel Eddythecat7.. Somewhere the word “conspirituality” popped up…. I googled this odd word and found the paper with Voas. Then the YouTube channels conspirituality & conspiritualize… then a comment left on a forum signed off “regards charlotte ward” by a poster handle “carleea”… and a lot of places she’s used that name including on [the David Icke forum].
Working together, we were able to put together the following evidence trail:
- The Eddythecat7 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/EddyTheCat7
- Looking through the EddytheCat7 YouTube channel, we found many links to people like Maggie Tuttle, Brian Pead, Belinda McKenzie, and so on.
- The unusual word “conspirituality” comes up on the Eddythecat7 channel, and this led us to another channel by the same owner: https://www.youtube.com/user/conspiritualize
- In one of the videos on the Conspiritualize YouTube channel, the email address Eddythecat7@gmail.com is displayed onscreen at 00:55, confirming the link between the two channels:
- In one of her blogs, Sabine links to an Eddythecat7 video, indicating that as of 2013, she was acquainted with the video’s author. She comments: “In that context, I am fortunate to know a lady who is very sharp in analysing websites and can spot mis- and dis-information sites from any distance”.
- Following the trail of the word “conspirituality”, we found an academic paper entitled “The Emergence of Conspirituality”: https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/research/publications/520482 by David Voas and Charlotte Ward.
- This paper was published in the peer-reviewed academic journal, Journal of Contemporary Religion, Vol. 26, Issue 1, 2011.
- On one of her Conspirituality videos, we find that the video’s author has inadvertently left her email window open, revealing the following email address: email@example.com
As Angie would say, “BAM!”
No magic, no tricks, no hacking…just teamwork and perseverance.
But like Mel Ve, once we revealed that we knew who she was Charlotte wasted no time in flinging about allegations: we were working for MI5, we were RD, we had hacked her emails, we had hacked her blog…anything but the obvious, which was that she’d failed to properly cover her tracks.
We don’t know what happened to Mel’s YouTube channel, but we’d be willing to bet that it had nothing to do with any kind of outside interference.
If Mel is so certain that MKD “hacked” or otherwise interfered with CCN’s YouTube streaming, we hereby challenge her to produce evidence. Real, verifiable evidence, not just “I closed my eyes and thought about who I could blame, and MKD came to mind”.
And in future, Mel, do try to remember this little aphorism: “Never attribute to outside forces what you really should attribute to your own incompetence”.