Highgate is really such a pleasant area for a stroll…we can really appreciate what Belinda sees in the place. Brimming with beautiful architecture and greenery, there’s a real community feel—people helping people, if you know what we mean.
For instance, just the other day as we were on our way to The Woodman for a pint, we spied this notice pinned outside the pub:
‘Expecting?’ I have everything you need for a NEW BABY! in v. good condition/new stuff (parents had to relocate abroad suddenly…)
Please call me on 07770 927734 or call in anytime – I live in 83 Priory Gardens next to the station.
(payment by donation to my children’s charity)”
‘How sweet!’ we thought.
For the price of a donation to a ‘children’s charity’, some lucky expecting parents will be all set to welcome their new baby in fine style! Of course, we did have a few questions:
- What happened to the family that was forced to suddenly relocate abroad?
- Were they one step ahead of the courts?
- Did Belinda help spirit them out of the country? Or perhaps she just paid for their escape?
- Which ‘children’s charity’ does Belinda have in mind?
- Would that happen to be the non-charitable Knight Foundation?
- Will she tell the people who buy…that is, make a donation for the baby things that they’re not really donating to a charity?
Yes, we know, perhaps we’re looking a gift horse in the mouth. But when it comes to someone like Belinda, one just cannot be too careful.
p.s. We checked, and the rumour is true: she does have seven doorbells on her front door. Just an interesting detail.