The Hampstead hoax has largely been driven by people who can be loosely categorised as ‘troofers’ (or if you want to get all fancy about it, ‘conspiranoids’). We’ve noticed that by and large, these people are less interested in seeking evidence and drawing conclusions, than they are in drawing conclusions and then trying to find evidence to fit.
One of our regular commenters, Big Earl, came up with a rather clever typology of troofers yesterday, and we think it deserves pride of place:
I keep saying – if you’re all being paid what about me? Nobody’s paid me.
Can I get a job application form from the Illuminati? Where? They apparently control everything and have all the power. They must have a huge secretarial staff and I’m sure I could fit in quite nicely. Cup of baby blood sir? Shaken not stirred?
Seriously, what is she on? I’ve come to the conclusion that an awful lot of troofers are mentally unstable. (Not all, so don’t get upset if you’re seeking the troof and reading this.)
- We’ve got troofers who spray the sky with vinegar or chant Ohm to get rid of chemtrails.
- We’ve got troofers who blame the Jewish lizard masonic people for all the world’s ills.
- We’ve got troofers who’ve been kidnapped by the police and/or aliens.
- We’ve got troofers who say they’ve arrested judges, when actually they’ve just said a few words and been kicked out of Court.
Some of them are costing the country a fortune by sodding about in the legal system and as long as I’m paying tax I think I’m allowed to say STOP BEING SO BLOODY SILLY!
- The most reprehensible amongst them though are those that accuse all and sundry of being paedophiles and baby killers when all the evidence points to a non event.
Like the cast of The Crucible they point fingers and name names and I’ve seen some of them say they’d like to ‘string people up on Hampstead Heath’. I’ve got news for those who think that way – we might not like the way the world is being run (I know I don’t) and we might want things to change….but you don’t get positive change from either harassing or murdering people. If you think it’s okay to do either of these things you need to see a psychiatrist and get your bumps felt.
I’m still angry about that video where the vicar of Christ Church was followed home and then that older lady was harassed when she was walking down the street. SHAME on every one of you who did this. Do you EVER consider you might have been wrong, because I believe you were and so does everyone else here.
Right that’s my rant over. Off to the pub.
Thanks, Earl—words to ponder, indeed.